Monday, January 18, 2010

The week in review

Looking back over last week, it's evident that Chase and I have been enjoying the things our area has to offer. Unlike where we grew up, there are events going on here every day and every night. One could be both busy and broke very easily if one took advantage of ALL that is happening. But this week we allowed ourselves a little taste of local events.

On Tuesday night, Chase and Patrick took off of work a little early in order to go in to the Wizzards vs. Pistons game. They got great tickets for a steal and really enjoyed themselves. Patrick's dad, who was watching the game on TV paused it when he saw not Chase and Pat, but Chase's and Pat's sweatshirts (their heads were cut off on the top of the TV). They were ALMOST famous. :) They had a great time.


Classes and my internship started last week for me, but because my week is front-loaded (meaning I have most of my classes and internship hours on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday), I really only spent Wednesday and Thursday occupied by class and work. Thursday I was invited to join Jen and Colin at a Jars of Clay concert in Alexandria. It was in a pretty small venue - we sat at the 2nd table from the back and were still within 30 yards of the stage, and we had a perfect view! It was really great to enjoy good music and good friends.

Whenever I hear the name the Jars of Clay, it always makes me think of years ago when my grandma was asking my older brother what he wanted for Christmas. She was asking him about different CD's and asked if he liked the "Clay Pots" mistakenly meaning the "Jars of Clay." :) Let me tell you, for clay pots, they're a pretty good band.

No comments:

Post a Comment