Saturday, February 13, 2010

Snowcalypse's last hurrah

Are you tired of hearing about it? Well, we on the East Coast are tired of dealing with the Snowcalypse and all of the after-effects. Here are some pictures (I hope the last I will feel compelled to post!) I took a day ago of some of the complications we have in the area in which we live:

I thought this picture looked like the Abominable-Snowcalypse took a dump on this poor bench and then left it for dead. If you look at the bottom of the picture, you'll notice a path scooped along the sidewalk. The sidewalk actually goes in front of the bench, but the scooped path goes to the left, behind the bench, and under a small tree before curving back to the right and getting back on the sidewalk again. Evidently whoever scooped the path didn't want to deal with what Snowcalypse left behind.


Is it the Rocky Mountains? NO! It's the corner outside our place. There where the 5-foot piles of snow are is where pedestrians are supposed to stand so they can walk in the crosswalk.
I thought it was interesting that piled on top of the grill in our courtyard, you can see the levels of Snowcalypse's furry - almost like layers of sediment in a cliff. Our courtyard is waist-deep in snow. It will be a while before it's all melted away...


From Tuesday night till Thursday noon, we were snowed in with Will Soto, (far left), Nataly (Will and Shannon's 1-year old daughter - left center), Shannon, and Cody (Shannon's brother - far right). The boys decided to see who could win the game of world domination. This game of Risk took HOURS to finish.


The other favorite game while we were snowed in with the Soto's was Dr. Mario for the Wii. Will and Chase played this game for hours as well - it was a highly productive couple of snow days. :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I found you in bloggy land :) I will have to start following your blog...my favorite time waster! Hope you guys are doing well. Sorry about all of the snow (we have been enjoying an unseasonably nice winter in Boston...so we decided to move to the midwest to see if we can find some there...back to the Hillsdale area actually.

    ReplyDelete