Friday, April 23, 2010

Shameful. Positively shameful

Dear Family and Friends,

I can't believe it's been over a month since I last posted on the blog. I feel almost like I've lost what I did during the last month, because the blog has been such a great way to chronicle our lives here in DC, so I'll try to recap here real quick...

Chase's job has been going really well, though he's been working more than ever. He is starting to transition into doing more assessments and carrying a smaller caseload. For the non-counselors among us, that means that rather than having about 8 kids that he sees face-to-face for about 5 hours each every week, Chase will have maybe 4 kids he sees face-to-face for about 5 hours each every week AND interview new families that will receive counseling services from his company.

I took a last-minute trip home for Easter and got to enjoy the holiday with all of my family, and my dear in-laws. Chase was unable to come with me, but Tod, Gayle and the rest of the Francl clan were kind enough to put up with me for Easter dinner. It was actually a highlight of my trip when I climbed out of my car (none of the Francl's except Tod and Gayle knew I was coming) and my 4 year old nephew, Tyus, was the first to come up to me and give me a big hug! I LOVE my nieces and nephews! They're the best!

I also got to spend good quality time with my family and see my brother and his girlfriend's new place - a trailer they're remodeling. The brave souls moved in before the renovations were completed, and I just pray Kayla stays patient while Tony finishes the huge project! Kim is doing really well too, involved in speech, choir, band, a local play, and I got to see her play her flute in church on Easter Sunday. It was a really great visit.

After the fun comes reality, and I'm now in paper-writing season. Finals are in about 2 weeks (I can't believe it!), and after one week on in May during which my cousin Kelsey will be visiting, I'll start my final semester - the summer semester. I graduate on July 31 and then head into the real world for the second time... *sigh*


On a closing note, my handsome husband here is nearly finished with his Masters in Marriage and Family Counseling at Liberty University. This was the photo we were required to send in so he could start his internship (which he started at the beginning of this week). He essentially gets to count his work toward an internship that counts for the last 6 credits of his degree. He'll be finished early this fall, and I just want to say to the world that he's the best. I'm so lucky to share my life with him. Hat's off to you, honey!

1 comment:

  1. You two are the best!!!!! And, Chase, even when you are trying to look serious, you make me laugh!

    ReplyDelete