Sunday, March 27, 2011

Belly Shots

(Actually posted on April 13, 2011 - not sure why it posted earlier...)

No, no, no... Not that kind of "belly shot." I can't drink right now, and I don't do shots even when I can drink.

This is the kind of belly shots I meant:


This is me at 16 weeks (today). For anyone wondering, there is definitely a pooch though I haven't put on much weight. The doctor tells me that I should put on about a pound a week from here on out, so that's the goal. Most days, lately, that seems possible, because my appetite's better, and my energy is mostly back - back as much as I think it will be until the baby is 18 or older anyway. :)

As always, my dear husband gets to be included in the belly shots:


He may have been sucking his gut in just a little, but in all honesty, the "sympathy weight gain" hasn't kicked in, because I haven't exactly been packing on the pounds... yet. On the other hand, he desperately wants to partake in the "sympathy waking up really early on mornings when I could otherwise sleep in."

This last Saturday, I woke up around 7:15 or so. I kind of had to go to the bathroom, but I didn't want to get up because the bed was so soft and warm, and I was trying to convince myself to go back to sleep again. Anyway, at about 7:21, I felt this little twitch - right in that one spot in my belly where there's absolutely nothing between skin and baby except uterine wall and amniotic fluid! It was the first real movement I've felt - it definitely could not have been gas bubbles, digestive juices, or stomach twitches. The only thing it could have been was our Little Bit!

I was surprised later that morning when Chase got up and I told him about the kick. He was genuinely upset that I didn't wake him at 7:21 on Saturday morning just to tell him about the first time of probably a million that our Little Bit will pummel my uterine wall. I told him as soon as he woke up, but that wasn't soon enough. So henceforth, my dear husband, I will wake you when I am awakened. And somehow, I have a feeling I'll be reminding you of your desire to be awoken so early. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment