Why do babies get to be 3 days old for just a day? Seriously!?! There's nothing more wonderful than our little Lily girl, and I'm already getting concerned about her growing up too fast and leaving for college... Ok, so maybe I'm a little ahead of myself, but just look at her watching her first College Game Day on ESPN on Saturday with her daddy:

Lily spent her first night at home in her crib in her room. She's such a good little sleeper - she sleeps hard, and when she's supposed to (at night)... and her mommy and daddy are VERY thankful! We wrap her up like a pea in a little pod, and she sleeps like an angel:

That first night we put her in her crib (with the baby monitor turned as loud as it would go in our room), and she just looked SO tiny in that big crib!

I took this picture on her 2nd night in the hospital. She was so sleepy, but she was restless, so I finally took off the knit hat that the hospital gave her, and put on a softer one we'd brought along. (Notice that it also has kitty ears - Thanks auntie Cara for the kitty hat!). She settled down and slept for 3 hours after the hat switch. Already starting good sleeping habits. :)

We've been home since Friday early in the afternoon, and I told Chase yesterday that our house just feels so different now - it feels full. I had no idea such a little, 7-lb bundle could fill up a house to make it feel like a home. Our little family has grown by one, but somehow growing by "one" doesn't do justice to what she brings to Chase and me. We're a family, and I can't imagine life without our perfect Liliana.
I can hardly wait to meet her Steph! And to see you again. November can't come soon enough.
ReplyDelete