Saturday, September 26, 2009

Settling in

This week was, I think, a relatively "normal" week for us, or for what will become our routine. I have class on Monday afternoon, Tuesday morning and all day Thursday. The rest of the week is spent doing a LOT of reading and a little paper-writing at this point. Chase had a couple of really early mornings, and a couple of late nights, but his schedule is starting to stabilize as well.

Because there hasn't been too many interesting things going on, I haven't had any big inspirations for blog posts... until today. And in all honesty, Chase deserves full credit for this one. He's the one who said "Get out the camera and get a picture of that for the blog!":


We were on our way to hunt for pirate costumes at local thrift stores, and we found ourselves behind this bumper sticker. I think it pretty much speaks for itself. :)


You really never know what you're going to see around here. I come home from class almost every day spouting some ridiculous thing someone was wearing or doing in the city. It's preposterous what some people think passes for clothing - anything from crazy hair to absurdly matched clothing pieces, to barely-there pieces. Overall it makes me thankful that I have been firmly grounded in Someone who gives me confidence and direction without needing to prove to the world that I am valuable. I know I am valuable to Him, and that's what matters!

No comments:

Post a Comment