When we got Frazier 5 years ago, Chase told me things like, "Steph, he'll be MY dog." "Steph, I'LL take care of him." "Steph, I'LL walk him whenever he needs it." You know how this part of the story goes - within 24 hours of having 9 week old Frazier, he was my dog, NOT Chase's. I mean, both Fraz and Brook are our dogs, but when it comes to nurturing and regular care, I'm the "primary caregiver" - or as I call myself, "the mom."
As all moms know, it's necessary to periodically bathe your child and trim their hair. My "kids" aren't exactly normal kids, but they, too, require these basic hygiene acts. For any who might have wondered, this is what it takes to bathe and groom my "kids." I broke it down including both MY steps and the DOG'S steps.
Steph Step 1: Bath.
Frazier and Brook Step 1: Stare at Steph while putting up with the suds and water all the while begging with puppy dog eyes to get out of the tub.

Steph Step 2: Towel dry and blow dry each dog. (Yes, I blow dry them, because if I don't they soak my couch, rugs, and bed.)
Frazier and Brook Step 2: Put up with the towel and blow dryer while feeling like an idiot, because the fur poofs upon blow drying.
(I couldn't see Fraz's eyes, because I let his hair get so long, and Brook had an afro!)
Steph Step 3 - Shave the dogs' heads, backs, insides of the ears, trim paws, etc.
Fraz and Brook Step 3 - FIGHT the shaving of the head and inside the ears. Yawn as much as possible when shaving of the chin occurs; wiggle and pull feet away when trimming around paws occurs. In general, wear Steph out.
Steph Step 4 - Clean up the disaster of a bathroom - clean the tub, sweep the floor, wash the towels, disinfect the clippers, etc, etc, etc,
Fraz and Brook Step 4 - Run out of the bathroom as soon as possible. Attempt to rub clean scent off on all rugs, carpets, couches, beds, and furniture available. Added points if hair from the bathroom is tracked all over the house.
Steph Step 5 - Sink exhausted onto the couch after 4 1/2 hours of work. Enjoy having clean, fresh, groomed dogs to cuddle.
Fraz and Brook Step 5 - Show the public the new do. Enjoy the good life.
From our freshly groomed dogs to you, cheers!




No comments:
Post a Comment