We'd been surviving on Oreos for the last month, until Saturday:

Those are my mom's signature cookie: Chocolate chip. Part of what makes them so great are the M&M's you see on top, so you not only get a soft, chewy, delicious chocolate chip cookie; but you also get the delightful color and fun of everyone's favorite "melt in your mouth, not in your hand" candy!
Since the house is now a home with the initiation of cookie-baking, it's time to show it off. I'm sure I have some family and friends out there who were wondering what our new place looks like (and for all of you who weren't wondering, I guess you can quit reading now!). Welcome to our living room:

Chase is sitting on the couch on the left. Frazier has his new favorite toy (a blue frizbee. Seriously - does anyone want to come throw it for him? I'm SO tired of it!) in the front of the picture. And you can't really see her but there's a black lump with two gold dots for eyes to the right of the entertainment center, and that's Brook. For some reason that piece of carpet right there by the TV is her napping place of choice. Behind the closed vertical blinds, there's a sliding glass door that lets in great light during the day. I took the picture of the living room while standing in the dining room. So here's the dining room:

Yes, that white thing on the left side of the picture is my chest freezer. Yes, I've moved it with me ever since Chase and I got married. I don't know how I'd live without it, and they really aren't all that hard to move! I always seem to find space for it, so it comes with me. To the right is a tall counter that is the start of the kitchen. Our front door is just off the left side of the picture (you can see the red striped rug for shoes next to the door on the left), and the hallway to the bedrooms is to the right, past the kitchen. Speaking of bedrooms...

Now, I know what you're all thinking - we are such generous people to give up our king size bed for our two dogs, and we really must be dog lovers to move to a 2-bedroom place, just so they can have their own room... At least, that's what they're trying to convince us of. If I could express to you the number of ways they've tried to get us to trade beds with them - Brook tromping across us in the middle of the night, Frazier laying between us and then stretching out to be as big as he can get, either of them laying between my legs so I can't role over, and the worst is when I get out of bed, Fraizer immediately hops up on the bed, lays exactly where I was laying and puts his head on my pillow, mocking me that he can stay in my warm bed and I cannot. The point is, that is, in fact, our bed, not the dog's. But there is a fun little game we can play: where's Frazier's favorite toy. (I'll give you two hints - blue. frisbee. He takes it with him everywhere. He want me to throw it, so he's leaned it against my foot as I type.)
And in true storytelling fashion, I've saved the best for last. This is what is at the foot of our bed:

And the very best part is that's only PART of the books we own! :) We love books, and we're so glad to have them all out of boxes so we can get to them and enjoy them. They're like good old friends, and really a part of what home is to us.
Books and cookies, my husband and my dogs. What more could I ask for? Home sweet home.
No comments:
Post a Comment