Wednesday, November 3, 2010

It's Fall Y'all!

Last weekend, I sent my hubby home for his mom's birthday and in celebration of finishing his Master's degree (despite the fact that he has about a month's worth of hours yet to log for his internship... Oops! Didn't know that would be the case when we booked his ticket. See a picture of Chase and his friends Jay and Matt getting ready for the Husker game last weekend here: http://bigredcritic.blogspot.com/)

So with Chase out of the state, I took a little time to just be a girl. I watched chick flicks, I painted my nails, I slept in (as long as my two four-legged "kids" would let me), I went shoe shopping with a girlfriend. It was great!

And, I celebrated fall with another girlfriend, Lynnette. We went out to a pumpkin patch nearby, and wandered our way through a corn maze. There were 7 checkpoints to find, and I'm telling you the 7th was the hardest to get to. We wandered for a good long while between 6 and 7, and this picture was taken just moments before we found the right path...

Eventually we overcame our cornfusion, and we finally found our way over the bridge, out of the maze, and back to civilization...


Oh, and about the flag we're carrying, that was a "safety feature" of the maze - every group that went in took a long flag so if anything happened, you could wave it and help would come running so there wouldn't be bad cornsequences.

The pumpkin patch had all the usual stuff - jungle gym-type stuff for kids to climb on, hay bails to play on, farm animals, grilled hotdogs, apple cider, and pumkins gallore. It was well worth the drive.

I can't say I'm ready for fall, but it's here and will turn quickly into winter, I fear. I'm just glad I got the chance to enjoy it on an absolutely beautiful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment