Sunday, July 26, 2009

VBS and The Beginning of the End

I've been lax in posting lately, because we've had full plate lately. Last weekend, Adam and Gina came to stay for a couple of nights with their son (our godson) Beckett. He and the dogs got along really well (they're watching a movie together)...

Last week was also Vacation Bible School week for us at the HUB (Hillsdale United Brethren). We did a bayou themed program called "Crocodile Dock." We had a great (if exhausting) time. I helped lead the 3-5th grade girls group consisting of anywhere from 24 to 36 kids, and Chase helped lead the 2nd grade group consisting of anywhere from 14 to 20 kids. So by the time we got home at 9pm after work and VBS, I was in no state to blog!

Friday was a lovely end to the week with my going away party at work (a week early because my boss will be out of town this coming week). I enjoyed seeing everyone, and the food was, of course, delicious. Below is a picture of Pat Loper and I. Pat is Dr. Arnn's administrative assistant, and we'd all be totally lost without her! She's also watched out for me as we've worked together closely throughout the past 2 years.

Yesterday Chase had an all-day softball tournament with the church's softball team, so that gave me some time to myself. I slept in, then dove into packing the first 15 boxes of the move. Below are the before and afters. And yes, we have a LOT of books!



So that catches us up to speed. My house is beginning to be put into boxes, and the end is in sight. I have one week of work left, a week to pack and then we'll move with the help of my parents on August 12. Oh! One more great thing that happened Friday was that Chase had a great phone interview that led to him setting up a face-to-face interview with the company for when we get to VA. We're excited about that possibility and praying the Lord will guide him in that.





No comments:

Post a Comment