Tuesday, March 2, 2010

It's for the birds

Well, I've effectively been avoiding homework for 3 hours and 38 minutes, and though I have class in an hour and 13 minutes, I don't really see any reason to stop this incredible streak I'm on!

I was actually just downloading pictures from my camera because this morning I took pictures of our old couch (because we got a NEW couch, but that's another story for another blog post that Chase has promised to write. I'll just whet you're appetite and tell you it's a GREAT story - any story containing both an 8-foot PVC pipe, Chipotle, and a new couch has to be good, right?). I just posted our old couch on CraigsList in hopes that it will magically go away in the next few days.

Anyway, as I downloaded the pictures of the couch to put in the ad, I also came across these pictures I took a week ago:



The pictures are awfully dark, and I'm sorry for that, but if you look closely, you'll see little ducks in centers of the pictures. The ducks are standing in a small pond with a number of snow-icebergs floating around them.

I took these pictures as I walked to class across Georgetown's central campus. The snow had been melting all day and it had rained and the lawn was literally a 3-inch-deep lake that ducks thought was a 5-star resort! One duck even came in and did an on-water landing (the kind where they put down their feet and splash/glide into the water) as I walked by.

Finding these pictures makes me think of last night - I got home from a long day at work and school at 10pm to find Chase, Brook and Frazier in our courtyard, the latter two covered in muddy, snowy muck. They had been playing with one of the neighbor dogs, which was great because they desperately needed the exercise. Consequently, they also needed baths! I bathed them, glad that they had had a good time.

But I have to say that I think all this melting snow business is for the birds!!!


1 comment: