Friday, June 25, 2010

Five amazing years

The older I get, the quicker the time seems to fly, and that's never more clear than when I celebrate some lifetime landmark. Yesterday, Chase and I celebrated 5 years together. I'd be lying if I said every part of the years has been easy, it's been all fun, or they've been without hiccups. But I can say in all honesty and with complete conviction that I wouldn't trade them for anything.


There's nothing better than traveling the road of life, bumps, potholes, hills, mountains, valleys, ups, downs, unexpected twists and all, with my very best friend.

To celebrate, we kept it pretty low key and went to one of my favorite places to eat - Cracker Barrel. I like it because it's all comfort food. We were starving after a full day of work, so we ordered a TON of food. It was practically enough to feed a small army and barely fit on our table!


We chowed down and finished MOST of the food before heading home. Low key was what we needed.

Today, starting year number 6 together, I can't help but think of some of the lyrics from Bucky Covington's song, Good to be Us, and count my husband as my chief and greatest blessing:

"It's better than best, yeah we got it made
In the shade, in the sun, in love this way - yeah
We got lucky baby, we've been blessed
Couldn't ask for more, wouldn't settle for less
It's good to be us, yeah, it's good to be us."

(You can watch the full music video on YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIjM6SNt8Hg)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Chase & Steph! Here's to many great years to come!

    ReplyDelete