Thursday, December 23, 2010

Accio wand!

Every year for Christmas, Chase gets me some sort of fun and exciting gift, the kind of gift I never even knew I wanted. (It's a thing we have at Christmas that he never gets me what I tell him I want, so I've had to get creative with dropping very obvious hints without being too obvious.) This year, Chase got me what any girl would want: a WAND!



No, I'm not kidding. That's a real wand I'm holding, and it even lights up at the end when you flick it with your wrist. Seriously one of the coolest gifts I've ever received! This is going to sound crazy, but it's weighted so well and shaped so perfectly, it fits delightfully in your hand, like an old friend you never knew you'd lost.



I'd be lying if I said I hadn't rewatched a Harry Potter movie or two since I got the wand. I really did hold it in my hand and flick it along with the characters in the movie! ...You think I'm nuts, but I'm telling you it's AWESOME!



This is an example of how God knew I needed Chase in my life. I'm not ashamed at all about the fact that I spent my summer reading the Harry Potter series, nor am I ashamed that I love the movies. However, I take life too seriously to think that I could buy a wand. It would have been a waste of money in my mind. But when my husband gets me a wand, it's no longer a "waste of money" but rather a life changing gift that I never knew I'd always wanted!



Thank you, Lord, for my husband who reminds me of the lighter side of life, and thanks too for my wand!

1 comment:

  1. Ross carries one every day at work. His doesn't light up though.

    ReplyDelete