Thursday, December 23, 2010

A very merry Christmas

This is likely my last post of 2010, and I'm suddenly feeling pressure that it should be some culmination of the year or compilation of lessons learned. It's not going to be. I wish it could be, but I haven't made time to have that kind of reflection just yet. I plan on doing that on New Years.



Instead what this will be is a pictoral representation of some of the fun we've had over the week before Christmas. First of all is a picture from Chase's birthday. Since we moved to the area, one of Chase's wishes has been to go to a Wizzards/Lakers game at the Verizon center. (He's a Lakers fan.) So for his 27th birthday, Chase got to check that one off the list. He even got to see Kobe play!


I never realized how crazy Christmas time could be for adults until I became one and had to do all the preparations, shopping, decorating, baking, and such while working full time! To all you adults out there just catching your breath, or maybe not even finished with your shopping yet, I FEEL YOUR PAIN! I shopped with a few good friends the two weekends before Thanksgiving: Rhonda and Lauren braved one mall with me and we shopped from 11am to 10pm in the same mall; and last weekend, Pat, Will and Chase took on the mall with me for a while - longer than I expected 3 boys to last for sure!


We took this next picture on the night we celebrated Christmas at our place (early) on Chase's birthday. By that time, I had my shopping completed and presents wrapped - you'll notice the exhausted yet relaxed and satisfied look on my face. :)



Chase and I were excited to celebrate Christmas together. Since we've been married, we've always celebrated a few days early, because we've lived far enough away from our families that we've had long road trips or flights to get home. As excited as we were, I think the dogs might have been more excited. They could hardly wait to open their stockings!





Frazier got a new moose for Christmas as well as a new ball and a new squeaker toy. He was so excited that after I took this picture he pulled the moose right out of the stocking!



Brook waited until we took her stocking off the hanger to dig in, but she was so excited for the treats at the bottom of her stocking, she nearly ripped her stocking up. We had to help her get them out, but let's just say Santa may be her new best friend.


And finally, the last picture I'll put up on the blog is of our dogsitter:


Meet Jim. Jim and Chase met years ago when they both worked at KMart for a while. Since then, Jim has become something of a fixture in our lives. At the moment, he's flown out from Nebraska to our place to dogsit my four-legged "kids." It's going to be a memorable holiday for the dogs, certainly. I just hope they don't bore Jim to death!


As the business winds down, I guess I'll close by saying I'm super excited for the holiday, and for all the business, fun, relaxation, and quality time that I know comes with it. So from Chase and I to you, we wish you the very merriest of Christmases and a very happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment