Sunday, February 20, 2011

It's over. (Content may disturb some.)

No, no. Don't worry. Little Bit is doing just fine. THAT is definitely NOT over. In fact, what IS over is because Little Bit is still very much alive and growing.

My 5-year streak of not throwing up is over.

For those of you who know me well, you know that there's nothing I hate more in life than throwing up. I know most people don't like it, but I would literally rather be sick for a week than throw up once. I just HATE it. I hate it worse than cleaning the toilet, worse than expressing the dog's anal glands, worse than running lines in high school or doing bunnies during basketball. I hate it worse than laying pipe, being stuck in DC traffic, having to fill an entire blue book for a college final, waiting 10 minutes for a Metro train during rush hour only for it to be too crammed for me to get on. I can't think of a single thing in life I hate more than throwing up.

Before 5 years ago, I think I had an 8-year streak going, which was really something of which to be proud. Maybe you can't relate to this whole topic, but I know Jerry Seinfeld can. He and I have a special bond that developed the first time I saw the Black and White Cookie episode.

So why, you may wonder, am I posting about this on my blog for all to see? Well, it seems like a blog-worthy occurrence. In fact, as I was laying on the cold tile of the bathroom floor immediately after the dreaded event occurred, I looked up at Chase and told him I needed to do a blog post. He told me he thought I might want to do a blog post - you see, he gets how big of an event this was in my life.

On the plus side, I'm feeling a little better and more energetic, albeit with fewer potential calories in my digestive system. To my Aunt Deanna who Facebooked me recently asking if I'd felt queasy at all (she, being a nurse, likes to hear of a little queasiness as that means hormones are pumping and baby is growing) - I feel plenty queasy. :)

And now, in order to end this rather disgusting blog post on a more positive note, it's been a very nice last couple of weekends. Matt and Clint (friends from high school) were out last weekend. The boys went to Ben's Chili Bowl (Clint is in the picture below) where one can get "the best chili in America."


And this weekend Matt was still in town, so he came over and we really did nothing but laze about. There were Jeopardy for the Wii competitions, reliving high school memories via basketball and football highlight videos, and of course the NBA's All Star Weekend. Here are the boys chilling out during the dunk contest.

And just in case anyone was concerned that the dogs may not have had a very relaxing weekend, I can assure you that they did. I took the below picture as Matt, Chase, and I were headed out for lunch. Please note the presence of both the remote control on the arm of the chair AND Frazier's favorite stuffed moose along with a pillow and blanket. Seriously, what more could a dog want?

All told, not a bad weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment