This post may be shorter than most, but that's because I don't have opposable thumbs, which means that I have to use my nose to hit the space bar, and my nose can only stand so much. (Yes, it is I, Frazier, the humble - yet awesome, strong, courageous, scary, ferocious, fearsome, intimidating, and in all other ways tough - dog who is writing.)

Before this thing called a "baby" shows up at our house (Mom tells me it's coming in about 5 more weeks), I thought I'd better steal the computer (which is easy to do now, because Mom often naps in the afternoon) and put up a post from a dog's point of view.
It's been just over a month since we came to this wonderful land called "Nebraska." Did you know that here, Brook and I have an area we can play in outside, and Mom doesn't have to worry about us running into the street (as if cars are really that big of a deal...)? It's fantastic! We get to go out much more now, and we don't have to be stuck on those stupid leashes all the time. (Not that leashes are really a problem for me. I can chew through one in 60 seconds flat. See the end of this blog post if you need proof: Frazier, the fierce dog, chews through leash.)
On top of having our own "fenced yard" (I think that's what they call it), Mom is home a lot more than she was in our old place, and she's not as stressed and tired when she is home. Mostly what this means is that Brook and I get a lot more exercise following her around all day rather than sleeping all day like we did when she was at work. Today she even took us with her in the car to the bank - I just love going places! (Although I was a little disappointed that the lady at the bank drive through didn't send out treats for us. I was trying SO hard to sit and be a good boy while she and Mom talked, and I could see the treats sitting there in her window... I guess I'll have to bark next time to get her attention.)
Mom and Dad say my life is going to change a lot in a few weeks when this "baby" thing shows up. I can tell you already that Mom is pretty protective of that one room they call "the baby's room." She doesn't let me have my toys in there, or bark or run in there. I suppose I'll adjust to this "baby" thing. I mean, I adjusted when we got Brook - I actually kind of like her now. How bad can a baby be? Plus we've moved 3 times in the last 2 years, which is a lot of change... seems like they should know I can handle whatever's coming.
But you know the one thing I can't handle?!? The DOORBELL!!!! It's my FAVORITE! We never had one before, so I don't know how I know to do it, but when that thing rings, I am on 100% alert! I hear burglars usually ring that thing before they try to come in, so I'm ALL OVER that one. No doorbell-ringing-burglar will get MY family!
Brook and I like this Nebraska place. We both just hope we like this "baby" business everyone says is coming. Maybe I'll steal the computer again after the baby comes and write another blog post. But right now my nose is really getting sore, and the space bar is slippery and wet from my wet nose hitting it. I'd better go before Mom discovers what I've done...
No comments:
Post a Comment