
It's not thing special, except that it's large enough to comfortably hold our king size bed, huge dresser (which you can't see), and side tables/storage on both sides of the bed. That may not seem like a big deal to our friends who've enjoyed large bedrooms all their lives, but in this area of the Midwest, houses and bedrooms were built 35+ years ago when king size beds weren't in vogue. The thing I miss most about our last two apartments are the walk in closets I traded in for the little (2-sliding door) closet Chase and I now share.
The door on the left of the hallway leads to the smallest bathroom Chase and I have ever had in our married life. It's at least 1/2 the size of any of our previous bathrooms, yet still very functional. Amazing how they get a tub/shower, toilet and sink to fit in sucha small space...

Finally, back to the basement (remember you can get to it through the kitchen). Normally I wouldn't be showing off the unfinished basement, but we actually are pretty happy with the way it turned out:
My dad gave us a roll of carpet he had in storage, and Chase's brother and sister-in-law gave us a couch and love seat they are no longer using. We'll get a TV to go in the entertainment center, and all of our books fit on the bookcases we have down there. Also, behind the love seat in the picture above, I've now got a desk and small office area.

I didn't take a picture of what's behind me in the above picture, because it's just the laundry area. And besides the office/den and laundry areas, there's still 1/2 of the basement that isn't being used except a small space for storage of things like suitcases and such.

I didn't take a picture of what's behind me in the above picture, because it's just the laundry area. And besides the office/den and laundry areas, there's still 1/2 of the basement that isn't being used except a small space for storage of things like suitcases and such.
Although there are a few things I'd change about the house (bigger bathroom, bigger master closet, install a dishwasher - other than myself), I simply can't complain in the least. The Lord knew our wants and needs, and He provided above and beyond what I dared to ask for (who would have thought we'd get a place with a fenced back yard and a garage with garage door openers!). Now we're just finishing up baby's room, and we'll be ready for our Little Bit to join the party!

No comments:
Post a Comment